To make an impact on young women’s lives by helping them transition through adolescence via education, integration and genuine ‘heart’. This will be accomplished by providing a secure and stable environment of acceptance, encouragement and respect. This atmosphere will be conducive to increasing self-esteem, confidence, and a healthy body and self-image, as well as challenge the girls to realize and reach for their potential.
Loveyourself for who you are & who you will become
"BRIDGES helps you to become a better person and become more understanding." - Sierra
"I Learned to accept people for who they are and look on the inside." - Ashley
At BRIDGES, our programs are customized for your specific needs, interests, and what is important and "real" for you. Get REAL: talk about what matters most in a safe, encouraging environment.
Our sessions may include, but are not limited to the following BRIDGES themes:
- Discover inner beauty in yourself & others
- Change society’s definition of beauty
- EveryBODY is Beautiful
- Critical thinking about media & body image
- Love yourself for who you are
- Respect for yourself & others
- Tools to handle relational aggression/mean girls
- Conflict resolution, mediation, voicing feelings
- Building healthy relationships with peers & adults
- Family life, mother-daughter/father-daughter relationships
- Be true to yourself
- Resist peer pressure
- Challenge labels/stereotypes
- Appreciate/celebrate diversity
- Fitting in & Belonging are not the same thing, they are opposites
- Build self-esteem & confidence
- Build leadership & communication skills
- Positive self-talk, be kind to yourself
- Love yourself & your body
- You are Worthy of honor & respect
- Who do you want to BE?
- How will you get there?
- Following your passions
- Finding emotional purpose
- Obstacles: Drugs/Alcohol, etc.
- What is Love? Romantic Relationships
- Being "Queen of your own body"
- Dating Violence/Abusive Relationships
- Stress Management
- Pay-it-Forward Projects/Campaigns
- Power of Giving
- Team building, trust development
- Community Involvement
- Make a difference in your own life & that of others